We've put together a list of essentials for your tropical getaway this winter.
There's no better way to make it through our harsh New Zealand winter than to escape for a little tropical getaway. Whether it be Indonesia, Fiji, Samoa or even the Gold Coast the equipment you'll be using can make or break your trip.
We've compiled a collection of our top selling items to take with you on your next adventure. Everything from Boards to Boardbags, ding kits to wetsuit tops, you can view them all here.We have also compiled a handy checklist of things to make sure you don't forget before you head away; remember it's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.
- Spare Leashes (at least 1 for each board and 1 spare)
- Spare Fins
- Wax (4-6 blocks)
- Reef Boots
- Ding Repair Kit
- Roof straps/Tie downs
- Duct Tape (super handy for Ding/boardbag repair)
- Money/credit card
- Flight/accommodation documents
- Travel Insurance
- Driving licence/international licence
- Shoes/flip flops
- Mosquito repellent
- Adapter plug
- Beach bag
- First aid Kit
- Rash Vest
- Surf Hat
- Remove all fins: it is easy to understand why - a flat board offers less contact with obstacles;
- De-Wax your board: you don't want it to melt in hot surf destinations;
- Protect rails, tail, and nose with polyethylene foam pipe insulation;
- Cover the surfboard with plastic bubble wrap or a board sock
- Add beach towels: it's the ultimate barrier against cracks;
- Add "Handle With Care," "Top Load," "Surfboard Inside" and/or "Fragile" stickers
There you have it, now all you need is to book that ticket and start to froth!