Easter weekend is upon us once again and that means two things: binge eating chocolate eggs and the Ripcurl Pro at Bells Beach. This years event Forecast is looking like we'll get a couple days of on hold, come back, on hold come back...lay day! But once it gets underway we'll be seeing some good action.
We have made some Fantasy surfer picks of guys and gals who we think could do some serious damage.
Exit Men's Fantasy Picks:
- Italo Ferrereira - Defending champ and hot off a win on the gold coast, Italo proves that he doesn't need good waves to perform excellent surfing. A less than favourable forecast could play well into his favour.
- Kolohe Andino - Fresh from a narrow defeat at D-bah that many people (including myself) think he should of won he'll be more hungry than ever to get his first CT win. Look out for a very fired up Brother.
- Fillepe Toledo - The fastest man in the world on a surfboard, if the waves are small Fillepe will be very hard to beat.
- Julian Wilson - An equal 17th on the gold coast isn't the start Julian would of hoped for but he was straight to Bells the next day to practice and he's looking very in form.
- Kelly Slater - He's the G.O.A.T of course he should be in your team.
- Jack Freestone - In my opinion Jack is the best under-performing surfer on tour, his combo's are insane and he's due for a good result.
- Ricardo Christie - Bells is a wave so well suited to Ricardo's style and if you don't pick him and support the Bro then we'll deport you to Australia. Expect light showers on the west coast of the north Island from the spray he'll be sending out there.
- Caio Ibelli - A wildcard that's a previous runner up at the event. He's cheap to have on your team and he's a good bet to make a few rounds.
Exit Women's Fantasy Picks:
- Steph Gilmore - Hands down the most stylish Woman to ever grace a shortboard, I back her at every event but Bells really highlights how smooth and powerful she surfs.
- Carissa Moore - Carissa's aggressive back foot unleashed on the bells bowl is a thing of beauty, can guarantee she'll be throwing buckets.
- Caroline Marks - 17 Years old, fresh off her first CT event win on the Gold Coast, everything is going her way at the moment. She has the most lethal backhand on tour...She's a goofy footer...Bells is a right. Expect big things.
- Courtney Conlogue - 2017 Event champ, injured last year, Courtney will be looking to make a comeback at Bells and reestablish herself as a title threat.
- Paige Hareb - Once again you have to back the Kiwi's, Paige's backhand has always been deadly but it seems in the last 12 months she's taken it to another level, expecting some big hooks from her.
For all the other info you need about the event check out the WSL press release below
WSL Press release: http://www.worldsurfleague.com/posts/383534/bells-beach-essentials